Our family atmosphere and compassionate care provides the service and integrity that you and your pet deserve. Our commitment to excellence in veterinary medicine lets you benefit from the knowledge of our New Jersey doctors and staff members.
We Offer Comprehensive Care With These Veterinary Services In New Jersey:
- Diagnostic & preventative medicine
- Conventional surgery
- Laser surgery
- Acupuncture & herbal medicine
- Stem cell therapy
- Blood pressure monitoring
- Pulse oximetry
- Special needs boarding
- In-house Blood Testing Available (Blood Chemistry, CBC and Electrolytes)
- House Calls
- Dentistry – Pets need dental exams, too!
New Jersey Animal Hospitals Advanced Services
Arthritis – Revolutionary Treatment
Using your own pet’s fat and platelet blood cells, our American Animal Hospital has the equipment to process and inject up to 520 million stem cells, up from 40-80 million in 2005, back into your dog or cats arthritic joints and I.V. This “regenerative medicine” technology enables your pet to relieve pain and repair arthritic joints.
In accordance to our commitment to providing the highest quality New Jersey services available we offer endoscopy. (A long flexible tube with a camera that is a little wider than a pencil). The endoscopy unit can be used to examine the esophagus, stomach, first portion of the small intestine and colon.
This technique is tolerated very well by our patients with minimal to no post-procedural discomfort.
Small biopsies can be taken to diagnose the patient’s condition.
Ulcers and masses can be directly visualized through the scope.
Please be sure to notify the doctor if your pet has any chronic intestinal problems endoscopy may benefit your pet.
We are proud to be one of the first hospitals in New Jersey to offer laser surgery. The laser is used in place of a scalpel blade to vaporize a precise, thin layer of tissue.
- Less Pain – The laser seals nerve ending, effectively decreasing post operative pain.
- Less Bleeding – The laser also seals small blood vessels, decreasing blood loss and speeding surgery.
- Less Swelling – The laser is very precise, leaving surrounding tissues unharmed.
Please ask if the laser would be right for your pet’s surgical procedure at American Animal Hospital.
If you would like more information about the American Animal Hospital, our staff would be happy to give you a tour of the entire facility and explain our services. We also welcome the opportunity to make presentations to schools, community groups, and children’s organizations.
The TonoPen is used to measure ocular (eye) pressure. This helps the doctor to diagnose such disorders as Glaucoma. This procedure can be done during an Office Visit and causes no discomfort to your pet. This procedure helps the doctor evaluate eye problems before pain or blindness occurs.
If your pet has chronic eye problems, or you think that your pet’s eyes are just not right, ask the veterinarian about the TonoPen.
Our recently acquired videoscope allows us to:
- Give an enlarged view of your pet’s tiny ear canal on a TV monitor, which enables us to examine, flush and suction debris and infection from the ear.
It allows us to view abnormalities and biopsy or perform laser surgery to remove masses.
- The videoscope can be used in conjunction with the endoscope to enlarge images of your pet’s esophagus, stomach, first portion of the small intestine and colon on the TV screen.
- We use this scope to enlarge images under our microscope for photography and also for client and staff education.